TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Integrating Freshchat with Freddy Self-service
- Filling in the fields on the configuration page
- Testing and embedding the widget
Note: Ensure that both accounts are in the same Data Center (DC) before configuring the integration.
Integrating Freshchat with Freddy Self-service
- Navigate to the Bot Settings page, by clicking on the icon
- Under Channels & Integrations > Freshchat
- You’ll see two options to carry on the integration. You can use the
- Bot widget + Live agent assist: which is the Freddy Self-service bot widget
- Freshchat + Live agent assist: which is the Freshchat widget
You can refer to this solution article to understand the differences between the two choices.
- Click on the New integration button. Here again, you can pick between showing the Freddy Self-service bot widget or the Freshchat widget to customers.
Note: The association is at a bot level, and not at an account level. Multiple bots cannot be connected to the same Freshchat account.
- If you would like to create different bot flows for different topics in Freshchat, you can check the channel id from which the message is coming from and then trigger an appropriate flow. Learn more here.
Filling in the fields on the configuration page
- Choose between showing the Freddy Self-service bot widget or the Freshchat widget to customers.
- For some of the following fields, you’ll have to be logged in to your Freshchat account.
- To get the App ID: Login to your Freshchat account > navigate to Account Settings > Integration settings > and copy the app ID. Paste this in the App ID field.
- To get the API token: Login to your Freshchat account > navigate to Account Settings > API Token > click on the Generate token button, or copy an existing token. Paste this in the API token field.
- Agent ID will be used when the conversation is transferred to an agent. This value can be fetched using an API call. Use the Freshchat APIs to make a get call, using the API token as an authentication method to get the ID of an account admin or an owner. Paste this in the user ID field. Learn more about using the retrieve agent information API here.
- Group ID label is the group ID in Freshchat. This will be the default group to which the conversation is assigned. This can also be fetched using an API call. Use the Freshchat APIs to make a get call, using the API token as an authentication method to get the group ID. Paste this in the groupID field. Learn more about assigning a conversation to a group using the update conversation API here.
- Customer meta label is used to pass information about your customers to Freshchat. Any context that the bot is collecting over the course of the conversation can be passed as properties to Freshchat that can, in turn, dictate assignment rules and people segmentation. User properties in Freshchat are what we refer to as customer meta labels in Freddy Self-service.
- Here, you can fill with template variables or with static values, and that will be used to update the user properties.
Configuring Freshchat’s side of the integration
- Go to Freshchat settings > Webhooks > Enable > enter the webhook endpoint in URL format based on your region > Save.
Australia DC: https://api.au-freshbots.ai/api/freshchat/byob/chat
Triggering the bot on Freshchat account
- When a customer says Hello, Freshchat triggers the Hello flow, and for any other message, the “Sorry” flow is triggered. To ensure that your customer experience is seamless
- Mark the first dialog in the “Sorry” flow private,
- Connect the “Sorry” flow to the first dialog in the “Hello” flow.
- This is how your bot flow will look like
Transferring conversation to an agent
- In Freddy Self-service bot builder page, open the dialog from where you want the conversation to be transferred to the agent.
- Under Actions, select the Freshchat actions in the action type drop-down.
Testing and embedding the widget
- Login to Freshchat > Settings > web messenger > copy the code snippet > use a JS simulator, like js.do or jsfiddle.net, to ensure the code runs as expected.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more questions, we'll be happy to help you.