With Freddy Self-service, you can build a bot without requiring custom development. It is as easy as connecting a few dots with numbers. We’ll walk you through the process of configuring your first bot in the following steps:
- When you log in to your Freddy Self-service account, you’ll see a list of all your bots configured in your account. If you click on the hamburger menu in the left pane from anywhere in your account, you can come back to this bots list.
- To create a new bot, click New Bot > Give your bot a name > Choose between using answers or creating flows for your bot.
- You can also create a new bot by cloning an existing, published bot by clicking on the clone option that appears when you click on the three dots of any published bot.
- The bot gets created, and you will be redirected to the Answers module (if you picked Answers) or the default Hello flow (if you selected Flows). Let’s look at setting up your first bot with Flows in this article. You can click here to read more about setting up Answers.
- You can create new flows by clicking on the New flow button from the menu. You can also create a new flow from an existing flow using the insert icon > Dialogs > New flow. You can also create a new flow by cloning a flow using the clone button that appears when you hover over an exiting flow.
- All the dialogs created are executed subsequently unless a condition in one dialog redirects the customer to a different flow or a dialog. If you’re using the button input type or the carousel input type, you can even trigger actions corresponding to the button/carousel options.
- Likewise, you can redirect the customer to a particular dialog in a different flow based on their choices. You can also make use of the nested AND/OR operators for these evaluations.
For example, a travel agency can choose to display destinations to plan trips for their customers. In another example, a bank evaluates the customer’s age and then shows the interest rates accordingly.
- The Actions feature in the flow will allow you to execute some events based on your requirements. We have divided them into groups based on their behavior:
- Dynamic actions: Trigger API, Trigger JS function, Set property, Transfer to Answers
- Freshchat actions: Transfer to Agent
- Conversation actions: Start new conversation, Stop conversation, Resolve conversation
- Widget actions: Open URL, Auto-open chat widget, Show proactive message, Event on widget open, Add a delay in response, Hide widget, Minimize widget, Send private customer message
You can read more about the different Actions available here.
- Upon completing your bot’s configuration, you can click on the Preview button on the top right to preview the bot you’ve built. You can also visualize the connections between the different flows with the Holistic view button on the bottom left.
- Under Flows > Configure > Quick actions, you can provide an option to redirect customers to any dialog (previous or next), bypassing the intermediary dialogs. This can be
- A button: which you can enable in individual dialogs, or
- A widget menu: available anywhere in a flow, and
- Slash commands: only with text fields
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more questions; we’ll be happy to help you.