The bot builder allows you to build a bot without requiring custom development. It is as easy as connecting a few dots with numbers. We'll walk you through the process of configuring your first bot in the following steps:
- When you log in to your Freddy Self-service account, you'll see a (1) list of all your bots configured in your account. From anywhere in your account if you click on the hamburger menu in the left pane, you can come back to this bots list.
- Click (2) New Bot > Give your bot a name and description to create the bot.
- The bot gets created and you will be redirected to the default Hello flow. This is the first flow that is triggered when the chat is initiated.
- You can edit the existing flow by clicking on the gear icon at the top. You can edit the Flow name (to follow your brand message), Add Flow Intent Keywords (to trigger the flow), and toggle the Flow Status.
- All the dialogs created are executed subsequently unless a condition in one dialog redirects the customer to a different flow or a dialog. If you're using the button input type or the carousel input type, you can trigger actions corresponding to the button/carousel options by clicking on ‘+’ for that dialog.
Likewise, the customer can also be redirected to a particular dialog in a different flow based on their choices. You can also make use of the nested AND/OR operators for these evaluations.
For example, if a movie booking site wants to display the list of movies based on their location, you can define conditions to generate the flows corresponding to the chosen location. Or, in another example, a bank evaluating the age of the customer and then showing the interest rates accordingly. This is possible with the operators available in conditions.
- Actions feature in the dialog allows you to execute some events based on your requirements. You can configure the Trigger API and the Add Attribute actions to execute either before or after getting the input from the customer. All the other actions are executed only after getting the input from the customer.
- Clicking on Preview allows you to verify the bot that you have set up.
- Upon completing the configuration you can see a visualization of how the connections are made between the different flows by clicking on Holistic view.
- The Quick menu allows you to provide an option to redirect customers to any dialog (previous or next), bypassing the intermediary dialogs. This can be
- A button: which can be enabled in individual dialogs, or
- A widget menu - available anywhere in a flow, and
- Slash commands - only with Text fields.
Please write to email@example.com if you have any more questions, we'll be happy to help you.